Teaching sign language as a second language (L2) come in all forms, ranging from academically formal to informally casual such as: credit courses at high schools and post-secondary institutions, non-credit courses at community colleges, workshops at work, private/personal interactions (e.g. friend, co-worker, life partner, etc.).
Teaching sign language
- ASL/Deaf Awareness Quiz: discussion
- Cooperative and collaborative learning in sign language class
- Curriculum in teaching American Sign Language L2
- Funny moments in sign language classroom
- Handshape games
- How hard is it to learn ASL?
- Humor: a journey in teaching sign language in class
- Negotiating meaning in sign language class
- Principles and techniques in second language teaching
- Proficiency in sign language qualified to teach
- Qualifications signers look for in ASL instructors
- Quick pairing and grouping strategies in ASL class
- Syllabus or course outline in sign language
- Teaching sign language ethically